Happy New Year! The Christmas presents are put away and the tree is down. It’s time to get to work!
Plato said, “If you do not take an interest in the affairs of your government, then you are doomed to live under the rules of fools.” Well, we’ve certainly seen that play out. We can’t sit back and ignore it any longer. Every time we sit at home and say, “how bad can it get?”, the left takes it as a challenge. That stops now!
Here is our To Do List:
- Contact your state senator and representative and tell them you want all bills addressing election integrity (making it easy to vote and harder to cheat) moved forward to passage on Day One of this January session.
- Run for office! If you have a passion or an expertise that can benefit the community and further our conservative platform, we need you, and we’re here to help you make a difference.
- If you know someone who would be a good candidate, talk to them about running and serving their community. Put them in touch with me, and we’ll work together to make it happen.
- Become a poll worker. We need patriots working in every precinct so we have eyes on the process in the June primaries and November general election. Go to scvotes.gov and click on Poll Worker Information to apply. We will also have applications at our monthly meetings.
- Become a poll watcher. If you cannot commit an entire day as a poll worker, volunteer 3 to 4 hours to watch the process at a precinct. Knowing there are “eyes on” helps prevent “questionable activity”. You can sign up for training and precinct assignment at our monthly meetings.
Our next meeting is on Tuesday, January 11th at First Baptist Church of H’ville Fellowship Hall. Social time/refreshments at 6:00pm, meeting at 6:30. We will have several candidates who are running for various offices, including State Supt. of Education, US House and Senate, and County Council. This is our first look at Republican candidates. All prospective Republican candidates are welcome. The goal is to run a Republican in every race. The filing period for the midterm elections is March 16-March 30.
Redistricting has taken longer than expected. I hope to have the new maps printed and legible at our January meeting and all meetings thereafter.
Mark your calendar and plan to attend the JCRP Campaign Kickoff Event/Fundraiser on Saturday afternoon, April 30th at the Farmers Market on Hwy 17 in Ridgeland. We will have every Republican candidate on the Jasper County ballot present or represented. There will be food, raffles, and a keynote speaker. If you want to join the planning committee to help make this major event a great success, contact Karen Wyld at Info@jaspergop.org.