Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend the next general meeting on Tuesday, June 13th at 6:00pm at Eats & Sweets Cafe, 7752 W. Main Street in Ridgeland. The speakers will be members of our state delegation — Rep. Bill Hager and Sen. Tom Davis,
The restaurant is closed on Tuesdays, but they are graciously allowing us to use their building. We will provide the dinner. Bring a like-minded neighbor and your appetite and join us for an informative evening.
STATE CONVENTION REPORT
The SCGOP State Convention was held on May 20th in Lexington, SC. Jasper’s seven state delegates joined over 900 delegates from the 46 counties to elect the state party leadership and approve resolutions. It was sometimes contentious, but the business got done. Now we must all unite and work together to elect strong conservatives and strengthen our Republican majority around the state.
The entire state delegation came together and approved five resolutions brought forward by the state Resolutions Committee:
- To eliminate USA adversaries to invest in USA land, enterprise, & technology;
- Condemning the August 8th FBI raid on the residence of former President Donald Trump;
- Supporting actions to return energy independence to America;
- To eliminate environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) in South Carolina;
- Calling for defunding of and withdrawal from the World Health Organization.